|Course Number||Course Title||CL||LAB||CR|
|#||ADCL 120C||Survey of Addictive Behavior and Treatment||3||0||3|
|#||PSYC 280C||Individual Counseling: Theory and Practice||3||0||3|
|#||PSYC 220C||Human Growth and Development: The Life Span||3||0||3|
|#||ADCL 235C||Physiology and Pharmacology of Addiction||3||0||3|
|#||HSV 221C||Social and Professional Issues in Today's Society||3||0||3|
|#||HSV 195C||Human Service Practicum I*||2||8||4|
|*In order to enroll in HSV 195C; MHTH 195C and MHTH 298C; GERN 195C and GERN 298C a student must have achieved a Grade of “C” or higher in each Practicum Pre-Requisite as described above, have an overall GPA of 2.0, plus Permission of the Department Head of Human Service. In addition, students must achieve a Grade of “C” or higher in: MHTH 195C to enroll in MHTH 298C; GERN 195C to enroll in GERN 298C.|
Curriculum for students entering program in 2019-20.
This certificate provides individuals an opportunity to further explore firsthand the various sectors of the helping professions and get a real sense of the direction they may want to take to advance in their career or in their pursuit of a more advanced credential/degree. As students move through the various certificate courses and pursue completion of this certificate, they will focus their coursework on their academic and career interests in human services, mental health, gerontology, substance abuse disorder treatment, and/or the specific sector of the helping professions which interests them.
'Stacking' this certification into the Human Service Degree enables NHTI, Concord's Community College to further respond to
- Student Needs for a credential that can lead to career advancement and degree completion.
- Ongoing Employer Demands for educated individuals who are trained to the specific requirements needed to interact with clients and patients in various human service agencies, organizations, and settings.
In addition, 'stacking' this certificate into the Human Service Degree will provide students with a 6 course (19 credit) pathway to achieve not only an educational credential but also the incentive to go on to complete the Human Service Associates Degree (which also includes a Mindful Communications Certificate). Overall, this credential is designed to provide and strengthen a pathway for student persistence, retention, and completion.
Financial Aid is not available for this program at this time.
- Complete the online application or the PDF version for admission to NHTI.
- Have official transcripts forwarded to NHTI by secondary and postsecondary institutions previously attended.
- Applicants who have earned a high school equivalency certificate must submit a copy of the certificate, including scores, as well as official transcripts reflecting completed school work and grades prior to leaving school.
- Candidates required to have a personal interview with the Department Chair, Human Services.
- See also General Admission Requirements: www.nhti.edu/admissions/generaladmission-reguirements.