- ESOL Courses designs/organizes/offers credit courses as well as custom-designed courses to help non-native speakers of English develop English language proficiency for academic success, career development, and effective communication.
- ESOL Tutoring & Support Services are available to all NHTI students. These services include individual professional support for challenges in oral and written expression, tutoring in academic subjects, test accommodations, informal language evaluation and course placement, TOEFL preparation, and more.
- Cross-Cultural Training, Facilitation, and Resources provide resources and information as well as opportunities for learning useful skills to promote the development of cultural competence, multicultural awareness, interpersonal communication, and conflict management in our increasingly diverse community.
- ESOL/International Student Advising assists students with multicultural/multilingual backgrounds with the challenges they face in applying for programs at NHTI, academic studies, interpersonal communication, and cultural transition.
- International Exchanges and Travel/Study Abroad Programs create opportunities for students and faculty to broaden their world view through adding international components to the existing curricula as well as campus life.
- Conversation Partners Program facilitates cultural exchange between native English-speaking students with non-native English-speaking students outside of the classroom environment and thereby promoting cross-cultural communication and maintaining a friendly environment at NHTI. For the non-native English speakers, the Conversation Partner Program is an opportunity to meet Americans, learn more about American culture, and practice their spoken English. For native English speakers, the Conversation Partners Program provides an opportunity to meet people from different countries and to learn more about different cultures. To learn more and sign up, contact Aaron Hughes, ESOL Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Office of Cross Cultural Education and ESOL
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301
Director of Cross-cultural Education and ESOL
(603) 271-6484 x4208
Margaret S. Landsman
Project Coordinator / ESOL Tutor
(603) 271-6484 x4113
(603) 271-6484 x4110
The office is located on the 3rd floor of Sweeney Hall, Room 301