Tutoring and Support Services are available to all NHTI students whose native language is not American English. These services include individualized professional support for challenges in oral and written expression, tutoring in academic subjects, test accommodations, informal language evaluation and course placement, TOEFL preparation, and more.
ESOL Tutoring and Support Services can help students:
- Understand an assignment
- Organize ideas before or during a writing project
- Clarify English vocabulary
- Become comfortable with grammar issues
- Comprehend reading assignments
- Read academic textbooks
- Document research papers properly to avoid plagiarism (a serious academic offense)
- Summarize authors' ideas so writing is improved
- Prepare and practice oral presentations
Our support services include:
- Testing accommodations for ESOL's
- Support in communicating with faculty, registrar's office, admissions, etc.
- Individualized English study skills
- Practice with pronunciation, listening comprehension, idioms
- Computer and word processing assistance
- TOEFL and TSE preparation… and more!!!
To make a tutoring appointment: pencil in your name on the schedule posted outside Sweeney 301. For ESOL testing accommodations: please visit Aaron Hughes, ESOL Academic Coordinator/Tutor at Sweeney 301.
Office of Cross Cultural Education and ESOL
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301
Director of Cross-cultural Education and ESOL
(603) 271-6484 x4208
Margaret S. Landsman
Project Coordinator / ESOL Tutor
(603) 271-6484 x4113
(603) 271-6484 x4410
The office is located on the 3rd floor of Sweeney Hall, Room 301