NHTI is one of the seven colleges of the Community College System of New Hampshire, the public system of comprehensive community colleges that serves all of New Hampshire.
NHTI is a full institutional member of the American Association of Community Colleges and the League of Innovation. NHTI also has National League for Nursing agency membership in the Council of Associate Degree Programs.
Memberships are also held in the
- New England Association for College Admission Counseling
- National Association for College Admission Counseling
- New England Board of Higher Education
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- National Association of Colleges
- American Society for Engineering Education
The College is a member of Campus Compact for New Hampshire. NHTI is affiliated with the New Hampshire Forum on Higher Education with the New Hampshire College and University Council (the membership of the Community College System of NH). NHTI is a member of the National Collegiate Honors Council.
NHTI’s intercollegiate athletics program is a member of, and its teams compete in, the Yankee Small College Conference (YSCC), and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).