NHTI was opened in 1965 under the name New Hampshire Technical Institute with three engineering technology programs. In 2008, the name of the College was changed to NHTI-Concord’s Community College. This name honors our past and reflects our growth to a comprehensive community college with over 90 academic programs and full campus life.
NHTI is situated in south central New Hampshire in the capital city of Concord. The campus is located on 240 acres of fields and woods with frontage on the Merrimack River. It is an easy drive to the White Mountains, New Hampshire’s Lakes Region, the New England seacoast and metropolitan Boston.
With 88 full-time faculty and over 350 adjunct faculty members, our typical class size is 12 to 19 students with an average age of 24.7. We have over 4600 day, evening and online credit and noncredit students attending NHTI each year. 10.1 % of our students report ethnicity other than Caucasian (including African American, Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Asian, Alaskan Native, and Native American), and the general student body is made up of 45% men and 54% women.
- 16,000 sq. ft. Student Center
- Library / Academic Center for Excellence (ACE)
- Child and Family Development Center
(child care and educational programs)
- 5 Academic Classroom Buildings
- 3 Co-educational Residence halls
- Fitness and Recreation
- 42 Associate Degree Programs
- 2 Professional Certificate Programs
- 51 Certificate Programs
- Community Service Opportunities
- Internships, practical, and clinical
- Career Resources
- Peer and professional tutoring
- Academic and study strategies support
- Personal counseling
- English as a Second Language
- Phi Theta Kappa honor society
- Student Organizations
- Walking Trails