NHTI is a dynamic public institution of higher learning that provides accessible, rigorous education for students, businesses, and the community. We create pathways for lifelong learning, career advancement, and civic engagement, offering 90+ academic programs to 4,600+ students annually.
NHTI was opened in 1965 under the name New Hampshire Technical Institute with three engineering technology programs. In 2008, the name of the college was changed to NHTI – Concord’s Community College to honor our past and reflect our growth to a comprehensive community college.
NHTI is situated in south central New Hampshire in the capital city of Concord. The campus is located on 240 acres of fields and woods with frontage on the Merrimack River. It is an easy drive to the White Mountains, New Hampshire’s Lakes Region, the New England seacoast and metropolitan Boston.
NHTI is a member of the Community College System of New Hampshire and since 1969 has been accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education, a nongovernmental, nationally recognized accrediting agency.
Why Choose NHTI?
- Affordability: We are the state’s most affordable option in higher education.
- Easy Admissions: NHTI offers rolling admissions, meaning you can apply at any time for the next academic session.
- Course Variety: We offer daytime and evening courses that are conveniently and centrally located in Concord. We also offer online programs.
- Employment Opportunities: Our programs lead to employment in N.H.’s most high-demand careers such as healthcare, IT, and engineering technology.
- Transfers: We have degree-specific transfer agreements that give you the option to transfer to a 4-year college or university while saving thousands of dollars. We also offer Dual Admission to the University System of New Hampshire.
- Campus Life: We offer on-campus housing, over 30 student organizations, a dozen men’s and women’s intercollegiate athletic teams, and a thriving campus community.
NHTI Fast Facts
|Two or more||5%|
Most Highly Enrolled Degree Programs
- General Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
Most Highly Enrolled Certificate Programs
- Medical Coding
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Teacher Education Conversion
- Early Childhood Education
- Dental Assisting
|1:20 staff/student ratio in the halls|
|3 co-ed residence halls|
|2 mixed gender floors|
|354 programs/activities offered by Residence Life last year|
|Lowest college housing costs in the state!|