NHTI uses multiple measures to determine first-time Math and English course selection. New students are required to meet with an advisor to decide on their academic plan and determine if placement testing is needed.
If you meet the SAT requirements or have a high school GPA of 3.2 or applicable transfer credits, you may be waived from a placement test. If you think you’re eligible to be waived, you must submit official documentation to the NHTI Admissions Office prior to meeting with your advisor.
Contact the Academic Center for Excellence at 603-230-4027 to make an advisor appointment, register for classes, and talk about your next steps at NHTI.
- NHTI English Placement Guide
- NHTI Math Placement Testing Online Instruction
- Sample practice test for MATH120C – Quantitative Reasoning placement test
- Sample practice test for MATH122C – Intermediate Algebra and MATH124C – College Algebra placement test
- Sample practice test for MATH140C – Pre-Calculus placement test
- Sample practice test for MATH205C – Calculus 1 placement test
- Sample practice test for MATH251C – Statistics placement test
- Other online study guides