When the Health Services Office is not open, students will report to the Emergency Room at CONCORD HOSPITAL, 250 PLEASANT STREET, CONCORD, NH 225-2711.
Medical Emergency Procedures Policy
Call the Concord Emergency Squad (Fire Department) in case of any life threatening emergency involving any person on the NHTI campus by doing one of the following:
- Dialing 9-911 from an NHTI phone.
- Dialing 911 from a pay phone.
- Picking up a phone located in an elevator on campus and letting it ring. It will dial Campus Safety. State the problem, location and if an ambulance is needed.
Advise one of the following in this order:
- Health Services Director 230-4043
- Campus Safety (Call first if after hours) 224-3287
- Vice President of Student Affairs, 230-4040
- President, 271-6484 x4223
The Health Services Director will be responsible for all accident follow-ups and reports. If an accident takes place at night or on a weekend, Campus Safety will make the initial report. It will be given to the Health Services office on the following work day.
- The first person at the scene of an accident will be in charge until someone with more training arrives. The person shall care for the victim to the best of his/her ability until help arrives.
- According to NHTI policy, any information that will become available for public knowledge must be released through NHTI’s Public Information Office.
Calling Emergency 911
Students and employees should be aware when making an emergency call from an office telephone (i.e., those with a “230” number), dialing “9” is required before dialing “911.” When calling from a pay telephone, only the “911” is required. Whenever an emergency call is made to 911, students and employees should also notify Campus Safety that emergency assistance has been requested and that emergency personnel are en route to a particular location.
Via 911 call boxes
Special 911 Call Boxes are located near the elevator in Little, MacRury, and Sweeney Halls, as well as in Farnum Hall (near the receptionist) and on both floors of the Wellness Center. Calls are made directly to 911 emergency services by pressing the indicated button on the box. Note that calls made from these boxes are NOT directed to Campus Safety, therefore, students and employees should also notify Campus Safety that emergency assistance has been requested and that emergency personnel are en route to a particular location.