AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
NASA National Community College Aerospace Scholars (NCAS) All- Expense Paid Workshop for Community College Students
National Community College Aerospace Scholars (NCAS) encourages community college students to explore the opportunities to learn more about what NASA does and how you can become a part of the exciting future of space exploration through online & hands-on NASA based team experiences.
NASA is offering an exciting STEM-based 3-day, all expenses paid workshop, where students will work in teams to complete a robotics team challenge. Students will also tour the NASA facilities and interact directly with NASA astronauts, engineers and scientists. All travel and accommodation expenses are paid (except $30 registration fee). The student must complete a competitive application process, using web-based modules in addition to meeting basic qualifications.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicant must be a registered community college student at the time of application submission & during dates of the workshop;
- Applicant must have a minimum of cumulative of 9 hours of STEM courses or a STEM related major;
- Applicant must be a US Citizen & at least 18 years old;
- Applicant must commit to a 6 month relationship including 20 hours of online course work and the 3 day experience w/NASA;
- Applicant must have internet access.
Spring 2014 workshops will be held at the:
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, CA – February 26-28, 2014; and
- NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) in Huntsville, AL- February 26-28, 2014.
How Can Students Apply & What Is the Deadline?
Attend one of four informational webinars to learn about NCAS Program. In this session, students will learn how to apply for the NCAS Program. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the webinar date you would like to attend, along with your name and College and they will forward you the necessary information.
- November 12 at 12:00pm Central Standard Time
- November 14 at 12:00pm Central Standard Time
- November 19 at 12:00pm Central Standard Time
- November 21 at 12:00pm Central Standard Time
- The Application deadline is November 26, 2013
- Visit the website to apply and for more information: http://ncas.aerospacescholars.org/
- Please e-mail email@example.com with any other questions.
NASA Space Grant/PSNH Scholarship
Available to full or part-time students enrolled in the following programs: Science, Mathematics, Math or Science Teacher Education, or Engineering or Technology. Students must have a demonstrated interest in pursuing further education or a career in a field of interest to NASA and/or PSNH. Applications at www.ccsnh.edu/cc-nh-foundation-scholarships or from The Community Colleges of NH Foundation, 26 College Drive, Concord NH 03301 or by phone at 603-230-3560. Deadline December 12, 2013, for Spring 2014 disbursement.
Foundation for Seacoast Health Scholarship
For students pursuing health related careers. If you have lived in the Seacoast area (Portsmouth, New Castle, Newington, Greenland, Rye, North Hampton, NH; Kittery, Eliot, or York Maine) for a minimum of 2 years (January 2012 to present), you may be eligible to apply. For more information and applications log onto Foundation’s website at www.ffsh.org. Application deadline is March 1, 2014.
For the latest scholarship information,
visit the Scholarship Board in Sweeney, across from Admissions.
Nov 15, 2013
Also In This Issue ...