AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Marshall Snyder Scholarship
This scholarship is open to any NHTI student who meets the following criteria:
- Has taken a physical science class (with lab) at NHTI that is not an introductory class. Physical science classes include chemistry and physics classes. Intro to Chemistry (CH100) and Pre-Engineering Physics (PH100) do not count.
- Maintains a minimum GPA of 2.5
Applicants will be evaluated according to the following in each course:
- 60% - Lab Grade
- 30% - Course Grade
- 10% - Professional Evaluation by Course Instructor
Applications are due completed and turned in to Perry Seagroves (Room 219, Little Hall) by March 14, 2014. There will be 4 scholarships presented on Awards Day, April 2014, which must be used for tuition at NHTI during the Fall Semester 2014. For more info contact Perry Seagroves at 271-6484 x4303. Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office.
Unitil Scholarship Fund
Unitil will award $5,000 for the first year of undergraduate study (2014-2015 academic year) to six high school seniors from NH, Maine and Mass who are pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, or math. Award criteria include academic merit, financial need, other scholarships awarded, outside activities, and other factors such as the number of hours worked outside of class. More info and applications at www.unitil.com/our-community/unitil-scholarship-fund. Deadline March 14, 2014.
Women’s Caucus for Art/New Hampshire Chapter (WCA/NH) Annual Scholarship
A $1000 scholarship to be awarded to a deserving female undergraduate or graduate student majoring in the visual arts at a degree-granting NH college or university. The student must be a full-time resident of NH. The scholarship also awards a one-year membership in WCA/NH, which includes access to exhibition opportunities and our other programs. Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office. Deadline April 1, 2014.
National Association of Women in Construction
will be accepting applications for their annual scholarship of $1000. Requirements for this scholarship are as follows:
- New Hampshire resident (male or female)
- Must be entering final year of program if in a 2-yr school
- GPA of C or better (photocopy of transcripts must be attached to application)
- Must be majoring in a construction related field, i.e. engineering, electrical, plumbing, carpentry or general construction, etc.
- An essay of approximately 150 words stating why student has chosen the construction industry for their career.
Application should be post marked no later than April 1, 2014 in order to be considered. Applications should be mailed to: Peggy DeWever, 46 Heron Cove Rd, Eliot, ME 03903.
Education Portal Undergraduate Scholarships
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement: $500
- Liberal Arts and General Studies: $500
- Architecture, Drafting and Related Fields: $500
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering: $1,000
- Undergraduate Distance Learning in Any Major or Subject: $500
Deadline for all Education Portal scholarships: April 1, 2014. Rules, terms and conditions.
For the latest scholarship information,
visit the Scholarship Board in Sweeney, across from Admissions.
March 7, 2014
Also In This Issue ...