In this course the students will learn:
- Oracle database architecture and how it’s components work and interact with one another
- How to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner. This includes performance monitoring, database security, user management and backup/recovery techniques
- How to configure Oracle Net services, monitor and administer undo data and manage data concurrency
This course will help students gain knowledge and skills necessary to perform day-to-day administration of an Oracle database. It is the starting point for Oracle database administrators and sets the foundation for more advanced administrator training and certification. A certain amount of time will also be devoted to prepare students who plan to take Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle certification exams. Students who successfully complete this course will have the skills necessary to take the following certification exams.
- 1Z0-051 Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I
- Microsoft’s Database Fundamentals: MTA Exam 98-364
Prerequisite: IT140 or permission from instructor.
Price: $630 (plus text)
Dates: Tuesdays, March 4 through May 20, 6:00 – 9:00 pm