Meet the Program Coordinator
NHTI is firmly committed to developing and delivering continuing education programs that will enhance the professional lives of Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists, offering:
- State-of-the-art clinic
- Highly qualified faculty
- Reasonably priced courses
- Workshops that meet the criteria established by the NH Board of Dental Examiners to qualify you in expanded duty functions
- Liability insurance available for a nominal fee through the school
A Word from . . .
Hastings Dental Health
Dr. Thomas Hastings, Dr. Birgitte Hastings, and Staff
Swanzey, New Hampshire
Drs. Thomas and Birgitte Hastings utilized NHTI’s Dental Continuing Education course offerings on many occasions during their 22 years in practice. Hastings Dental Health opened their practice in a cozy office overlooking Main Street in Keene, NH. Dr. Tom is a NH native and Dr. Birgitte is from Denmark. This successful, family-oriented general practice now resides in a log cabin in Swanzey, NH.
While the log cabin appears rustic outside, inside are seven modern dental operatories where ten staff members provide comprehensive dental care using the latest technology. Technological advances have changed the practice of dentistry over the years and Drs. Tom and Birgitte encourage their team to participate in continuing education.
Staff members, Shari and Maria completed the “Local Anesthesia Administration for Dental Hygienists” course and earned local anesthesia permits. Jennifer’s enthusiasm in “Maximize Your Skills and Confidence in Ultrasonic Therapy” reinforces the value of hands-on learning. Melanie, Danielle, and Pat took “Preliminary Oral Inspection”, the prerequisite course required by the NH Board of Dental Examiners prior to qualifying in specific areas like radiology and sealants. Melanie completed “Dental Radiology for Dental Assistants”, “Infection Control for the Dental Team”, and is now working on becoming a Certified Dental Assistant. Danielle is enrolled in “Dental Radiology for Dental Assistants” and appreciates the online format which limits travel to Concord for clinical sessions only.
Here’s what Hastings Dental Health staff are saying about NHTI Dental Continuing Education courses:
- “As a full time mom and employee, it is hard to find time to go to school. At NHTI they offer continuing education classes that fit my schedule, and the teachers are wonderful. The teachers adapt teaching techniques to accommodate each student’s learning style.” - Danielle Morse, Dental Assistant
- “I attended the Preliminary Oral Inspection class and had a great experience. The instructors were knowledgeable and professional, and the information presented continues to be important to my work as a dental assistant.” - Pat Lincoln, Dental Assistant
- “I enjoyed taking the local anesthesia course. The online portion made it convenient to do some of the work at home. It was a pleasure to work one-on-one in the clinic with the instructors. They were knowledgeable in answering questions and giving helpful tips.” - Shari Rouleau, RDH
- “I have taken several classes at NHTI that benefit my dental assisting career. I have passed two DANB exams - Dental Radiology and Infection Control. I am working toward my final exam, General Chairside Assisting, which will make me a Certified Dental Assistant.” - Melanie Jernberg, Dental Assistant
- “I wanted to take the anesthesia class for years and was pleased to see this class available during non-work hours. The online class was well organized and easy to use. I found all the instructors in the lab to be helpful and well versed in the subject. I would encourage any hygienist who has been timid of this class to take it. They will be happy with the results.” - Maria Muskus, RDH
Hastings Dental Health is located at 116 Monadnock Highway, Swanzey, NH 03446 and can be reached at (603) 357-7707 or via their website www.hastingsdentalhealth.com