- Complete the online application or the PDF version (include your $20.00 application fee) for admission to NHTI
- Have official transcripts forwarded to NHTI by secondary and postsecondary institutions previously attended;
- Applicants who have earned a high school equivalency certificate must submit a copy of the certificate, including scores, as well as official transcripts reflecting completed school work and grades prior to leaving school.
- Perform satisfactorily on any entrance examinations required by the academic program to which admission is desired;
- Complete all additional requirements as indicated in the Specific Admission Requirements for the desired program, which are listed on each program page;
- Though not required for admission to any program, it is recommended that the scores of one of the standardized national college admission tests (SAT or ACT) be forwarded to the Admissions Office; test scores provide an additional piece of information that expands our knowledge of a student's academic background; because standardized test scores are only one means of evaluating applicants, no specific minimum score is required; (students considering transfer to four-year institutions are especially urged to submit SAT scores since the new institution may require them);
- Arrange for personal interview if required; and
- Submit to Health Services such certification of good health by a health care provider as required by a specific program and NHTI before registering for classes. Visit Health Services.
NOTE: IT IS THE APPLICANT'S RESPONSIBILITY to request official transcripts of previous study be mailed directly to the ADMISSIONS OFFICE.
Send transcripts to:
NHTI, Admissions Office
31 College Drive
Concord, New Hampshire 03301-7412
Specific Program Requirements
Each program has additional admission requirements which are listed on the academic program pages. Applicants are responsible for knowing these requirements, any specific deadlines, and submitting appropriate documents as noted. Students who do not meet the specific academic course requirements for their desired program may be offered admission to the Associate in Science in General Studies program and take these courses at NHTI. Grades of “C” or higher are required in each pre-requisite course, in addition to fulfillment of the other general and specific requirements, to be considered for the desired program.
Diploma, Professional Certificate, and Certificate Programs
Students seeking to earn a certificate should consult the “Programs of Study” to determine specific entrance requirements, if any, for the program in which they are interested. As with Associate’s degree programs, students must formally apply for, and be accepted into, a diploma, professional certificate or certificate program in order to be eligible for federal financial aid and in order to receive their certificate upon completion of program requirements.
Students entering programs at NHTI are required to complete placement testing before registering for classes. Testing may be waived based on performance on standardized tests and/or grades in specific college courses. Department Heads of academic programs will use testing data to help advise students in course selection. Both national and NHTI data indicate that students benefit from assessment and placement. Students who need to strengthen skills may need extra time to complete their programs. For more information, students may contact Admissions at (603) 230-4011, the Learning Center at (603) 230-4027, or the Department Head of the program in which they are interested or to which they have been admitted.
A student may be eligible to substitute a higher-level course for the course prescribed in the curriculum if indicated by an evaluation of the student’s competencies. The substitution can be made only with the joint approval of the student’s Department Head and the Department Head of the area offering the course. The approval form is available in the Registrar’s Office. This does not negate the student's responsibility to fulfill prerequisites.