Considering a career change?
Curriculum for students entering program in 2014-15.
This post-baccalaureate program is designed for students who have completed a bachelor’s degree and would like to become a teacher or obtain an additional teacher certification. Affordable and flexible programming options including evening, online, and summer courses allow you to work and go to school.
Teacher Education Conversion Programs resulting in New Hampshire Teaching Certification include:
Click on your area of interest below to learn more.
Chemistry (grades 7-12)
Earth Space Science (grades 7-12)
Life Science (grades 7-12)
Physics (grades 7-12)
Middle School Science (grades 5-9)
Approved by the NH State Board of Education and accredited by NEASC, NHTI’s TECPs are focused on the critical shortage areas for teachers in the State of NH. Programs are financial aid eligible.
For more information regarding Teacher Education Conversion Programs please contact:
Kelly Moore Dunn Ed.D., TECP Director
(603) 271-6484 x4163
What Employers Say
"I have recommended the program to several potential educators because of its balance between theory and practice, its affordability, and the attention that the NHTI Education Department gives to individual growth. I have had experiences with this program from several different perspectives, all of them positive, which is why I was pleased to seek and offer teaching positions to two graduates of the program.”
~ Deborah Woelflein, Principal, Merrimack NH
- Applicants submit
- Once the application is complete, transcripts are reviewed by content faculty to assess the candidate’s fundamental knowledge of the NH content standards.
- Applicants are interviewed by NHTI TECP Faculty.
- Determination is made regarding acceptance and the applicant is notified of the decision.
- Candidates must hold a Baccalaureate and/or Master's Degree.
- Candidates must pass the PRAXIS™ Core Academic Skills for Educators Exam tests (http://www.ets.org/praxis/nh/requirements), if applicable (unless candidate holds a current teaching certification or has a Master’s degree) before being fully accepted into the program. In addition, the candidate must maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.75.
- A criminal record check will be required for working in the schools. During the interview, the Director of the Conversion Programs will discuss the requirements for Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) with regard to ESOL teachers.
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check.
In order to be recommended for NH Certification a candidate must:
- Pass Praxis II in Content before student teaching/practicum.
- Successfully complete all required coursework.
- Successfully complete a supervised student teaching or practicum experience.
- Successfully complete an electronic portfolio that is approved by the education faculty.
TECP Info Night
Wednesday May 14
Do you have a Bachelors or Masters degree?
Teacher Education Conversion Programs (TECP)
Kelly Moore Dunn, Ed.D., Director TECP
(603) 271-6484 x4163
Fax: (603) 230-9307
31 College Drive
Concord, NH 03301